At New Bewerley we understand the importance of a high quality PE curriculum. This is why we use Real PE and Gym to deliver our curriculum.
Real PE is a unique, child-centred approach that transforms how we teach PE to engage and challenge EVERY child in primary school.
It provides fun and simple to follow Primary PE Schemes of Work and support for Early Years Foundation Stage, Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 practitioners that give them the confidence and skills to deliver outstanding PE. It is fully aligned to the National Curriculum and Ofsted requirements and focuses on the development of agility, balance and coordination, healthy competition and cooperative learning through a unique and market leading approach to teaching and learning in PE
Sports Premium Funding
In March 2013 the Government announced that it would provide additional funding to primary schools to support the improvement of provision of PE and sport. The funding, allocated to headteachers in primary schools is ringfenced and can only be spent on PE and sport in primary schools. The headteacher and governors are accountable for the spending of the funding.
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of physical education (PE), physical activity and sport you offer.
This means that schools should use the premium to:
- develop or add to the PE, physical activity and sport activities that your school already offers
- build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
Schools can use the premium to secure improvements in the following indicators:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
- the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
Sports Premium 2018/19 2018/19
Sports Premium 2019/20 2019/20
New Bewerley works this the Cockburn John Charles Academy (JESS Cluster) and Active Schools Leeds to provide competitive sports opportunities for children across school. These opportunities include:
- Rugby League and Rugby Union
New Bewerley also provides opportunities for competition through intra-school events such as Sports Days and Dance events. These events are lead and organised by New Bewerley's Sports Leaders.
School Games School Games
Active Schools Active Schools
Sports Premium Sports Premium
Active School Planner Active School Planner
Competition Calendar - Primary Competition Calendar - Primary
Competition Calendar - Inclusion Competition Calender - Inclusion
Jess Cluster Primary PE Jess Cluster Primary PE
Match & Celebration Reports Match & Celebration Reports
SSP Twitter SSP Twitter
Active School Twitter Active School Twitter